As a premier staffing agency, we at Hadley Reese pride ourselves on our expertise in ascertaining our clients’ needs. We maintain the highest standards of professional conduct by providing a top-drawer level of personal service. We strive to secure the finest candidates for the most discerning of homes. Therefore, before we begin our search, we take heed of our clients’ requests so that we have a clear vision of their household's needs.
At Hadley Reese, we recognize that children will thrive when they are reared by a nurturing and organized caregiver. Our mandate is to match your child's needs with a skilled and reliable nanny who will provide a warm and esoteric environment.
Due to extensive of training and knowledge, our nannies become an integral part of the household. Not only do they provide one-on-one care for your child, they are also equipped to manage various household chores. The nanny’s duties typically begin when the infant is 4-6 months old. They are often responsible for full-nursery duties, which include but are not limited to:
- Caring for a baby and school age children
- Sterilizing bottles (if applicable) and (feeding, changing, dressing, etc.)
- Ensuring that the child is entertained
- Maintaining the children's supplies
- Tidying the children's area
- Preparing meals (including weaning)
- Toilet training
- Preparing the daily schedule, such indoor activities or going to the park
- Keeping appointments (doctor, play dates, nursery meetings, etc.)
The above list represents a small part of a wide variety of tasks that you can expect from a professional nanny. It is understood that the responsibilities can vary depending on certain factors, such as:
- How often a nanny is required (full-time vs part-time)
- Required specialized services
- Multilingual capabilities
A majority of the time, a nanny’s services are required until the children reach the threshold of adolescence. From then on, the nanny can take on a role of a personal assistant. In many cases, our nannies have become invaluable to the household.
What are the Costs of a Nanny?
A nanny typically earns between $15 - $22 per hour. This amount varies according to influencing factors, such as:
- Number of children
- Required Specializations
Hadley Reese is committed to providing excellence in child-care. Our hiring policy is managed by making zero exceptions. Therefore, all potential candidates undergo a thorough interview and skills assessment process. Additionally, we verify and authenticate all credentials and references and also run background checks upon request.
For more information about our rates and services, click here for our contact info.
01. Have all the nannies been pre-screened?
Hadley Reese’s candidates are meticulously screened, combined with in person, lengthy interviews categorizing personalities in order to match the ideal applicant to the employer’s requirements. The screening process also includes authenticating credentials, CPR certifications when required, verifying references with their past employers and ensuring that they obtain a police check.
02. What type of nanny services do you provide?
Hadley Reese, provides live-in and live-out nannies. A full time nanny is considered 30 to 40 hours and more, we also offer part time nannies, occasionally. We can provide nannies that drive, that will perform housekeeping and cooking duties apart from child care.
03. What areas do you mainly service for nanny placement?
We service the greater region of Montreal, Toronto (GTA) and Vancouver (GVA).
04. Do I get to choose my nanny?
All clients can choose their nanny with the help of Hadley Reese.
05. Can I hire a nanny for part-time or full-time only?
We concentrate on offering full time nannies, 30 to 40 hours or more, mainly because nannies tend to stay longer in the full time jobs, whereas part time nannies tend to leave the position as soon as they find a full time job.
06. What should a nanny be responsible for doing?
Nannies are responsible to provide childcare however, they can perform full or light housekeeping, errands but all of the duties depend on the requirements of the employer.
07. Can the nannies drive with my children?
Due Covid 19 most employers now ask for a nanny that drives and depending on the requirements of the employer, they do drive with children.
08. What is the typical salary of a nanny?
The typical nanny salary is between $18 to $20 per hr. and for a nanny that drives, the wage is $22 per hr.
09. How do I pay the nannies?
Nannies are paid by cheque, Interact E transfer or direct bank deposit.
10. Can I ask my nanny to work overnight or on the weekend?
A nanny can stay overnight or on the weekend depending on the requirements of the employer.
11. How much notice do you need to find a Nanny and can I book last minute?
We prefer to have at least 2 weeks notice in order to find the ideal nanny however, it is possible to find one at the last minute.
12. What if it doesn’t work out with the nanny we hire?
We offer and honour a guarantee and we can replace the nanny within that period chosen
13. What are the advantages of using a Hadley Reese nanny vs. other online nanny services?
Hadley Reese was one of the first domestic placement agencies established in Montreal, and to this day, remains under the same ownership. We cater to the full spectrum of philosophies of both older and new generations of parents, while always maintaining the highest standards in offering private residency staff to those within bespoke environments.
14. Do we need to provide food and transportation for our nanny?
Nannies that choose to work in a live out position providing food and transportation are not imperative however, nannies that do choose a live-in position, must be provided lodging and meals without charge.
15. What languages do the nannies speak?
Most employers do require English speaking nannies however, some do wish a French speaking nanny.